St. David’s Children’s Hospital, located at St. David’s North Austin Medical Center, provides emergency, inpatient and intensive care services for children ages 17 and younger. It makes St. David’s North Austin Medical Center the only hospital in the region to offer a total continuum of care for people of all ages.
Although we have a close relationship with the medical center and offer access to that expansive network of doctors and services, St. David’s Children’s Hospital is a separate ER, medical surgical inpatient unit, and pediatric intensive care unit (PICU). It provides patients with a wide array of pediatric services, including pediatric surgery with a dedicated operating room exclusively for pediatric patients; pediatric radiology for interpretation of studies, as well as interventional services; and a wide range of pediatric specialties available for consult and treatment including cardiology, orthopedics, neurology, urology, and more.
Pediatric services include:
- Dedicated emergency care in a 10-bed pediatric-only ER with a core group of pediatric emergency medicine physicians
- Inpatient pediatric care in an 8-bed medical surgical unit with 24/7 pediatric hospitalist coverage
- 6-bed pediatric intensive care unit with 24/7 pediatric intensivist coverage
- Pediatric surgery with a dedicated pediatric operating room equipped especially for younger patients
- Pediatric radiology, interventional services, and anesthesia
Access to Complete Hospital and ER Services
With more than 90 sites across Central Texas, you can be sure our network of hospitals and ERs has the best in care for your child, no matter what their needs may be. Our compassionate, quality care will help you and your child feel comfortable and make your transition home as seamless as possible.
Other Pediatric Sub-Specialties
- A wide range of pediatric specialties are available for consult and treatment, including:
- Pediatric surgery (Your guide to surgery / Spanish )
- General Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
- ENT Surgery
- Urology Surgery
- Cranio-facial and plastic surgery
- Infectious disease
Additional Infant Care and Services
Our pediatric services are in addition to St. David’s North Austin Medical Center’s 47-bed Level III neonatal intensive care unit (NICU), as well as our newborn nursery.
Are you at risk? Prevent & protect.
St. David’s HealthCare Help Center
- Find a doctor and make an appointment
- Answer healthcare questions
- Register for classes & events